CELEBRATE the victory!
Learn more about the case and the victories
- Learn more / Get e-mail alerts
- Buy the video / Show the video
- Download the audio / Play the audio
- Talk to your friends and community
- Post to blogs
Check our blog for quick updates of just what's new!
- Learn more about the case, the defendants and the background. Check out the video and audio and audio resources linked from this site (see below), plus the interviews and articles listed under News Stories on the right.
- Get regular e-mail alerts; go to the sign-up form
- Many other sources cover Cointelpro, the Black Panther Party, the Black Liberation Army, and the Black Liberation Movement.
- The video Legacy of Torture: The War against the Black Liberation Movement, released in January 2007, explores the immediate background of the case. At 28 minutes, it provides a great basis for discussion at house parties, church, mosque, school, and other gatherings. Other short video clips can be downloaded from the News Stories links on the right.
- Purchase Legacy of Torture from Freedom Archives. Or from AK Press (Oakland), Kersplebedeb in Canada, or AK Press (UK).
Get the audio / Play the audio
- Radio coverage of the case has been informative; use it to learn more, share it with friends, air it where you can, put it on your iPod.
- An audio version of Legacy of Torture: The War Against the Black Liberation Movement; has been produced by the National Radio Project; it is broadcast quality and available to download.
- Additional audio links can be found under News Stories on the right.
Write to the defendants
- Write them – it's one of the most important and effective ways to support political prisoners; even a brief card goes a long way to breaking down the jail walls, and it also lets the jailers know that they are under scrutiny.
- Short profiles of each of the defendants can be found on our home page.
- Herman Bell # 79D0262, Great Meadow Correctional Facility, 11739 State Route 22, Post Office Box 51, Comstock, New York 12821-0051.
- Jalil Muntaqim*, aka Anthony Bottom #77-A-4283,
Attica Correctional Facility,
Post Office Box 149,
Attica, New York 14011-0149.
*Note: Make sure to address the envelope to Anthony Bottom and the letter to Jalil.
Talk to your friends and community
- Search the blogosphere for discussions of the case and post your comments; several blogs are following the issues.
Supporters from All of Us Or None say "Free the Eight!"
Committee for the Defense of Human Rights
P.O. Box 90221
Pasadena, CA 91109
E-mail: freethesf8 [at] gmail [dot] com