The Case of the San Francisco Eight: What It Means
Here you will find analysis, insight, commentary, and opinion about the case from many different sources. See also statements and interviews by the defendants, their lawyers, and supporters.
Most recent first.
- "The San Francisco 8 – No More!" Commentary by Mumi Abu-Jamal. Click to read.
- "Rescuing Civil Rights from Black Power: Collective Memory and Saving the State in Twenty-First-Century Prosecutions of 1960s-Era Cases" by Dan Berger in the Journal for the Study of Radicalism, volume 3, issue 1 (Spring 2009), available here as a 20 page PDF file.
- "The trial of the San Francisco 8" by Ben Terrall on the politics blog of the San Francisco Bay Guardian.
- "The Spirit of Richard Brown" by Dr. Lenore Daniels from The Black Commentator, December 6, 2007. Click to read.
- "COINTELPRO and the SF 8" by Ron Jacobs from Counterpunch, October 2007. Click to read.
- "Torture and the SF8" by Kiilu Nyasha from the San Francisco Bayview, October 24, 2007. Click to read.
- "Free the San Francisco 8!" Ron Jacobs in Counterpunch, July 28, 2007. Click to read.
- US Social Forum Panel on SF 8, June 30, 2007 (transcript & audio). Click to read and listen.
- "A Legacy of Torture: From Cointelpro to the Patriot Act" by Ron Jacobs in MRzine, May 1, 2007. Click to read.
- "Persecuting Panthers" by Kiilu Nyasha from the San Francisco Bayview, April 21, 2007. Click to read.
- "FBI Hunting the Dead" by Soffiyah Elijah, from ZNet and The Chicago Defender, February 23, 2007. Click to read.
- "The Men the Authorities Came to Blame ... The Case of the San Francisco 8" by Ron Jacobs in Counterpunch, February 8, 2007. Click to read.
- "Arrest of Former Black Panthers Aims to Erase Revolutionary Legacy" by Sérgio Ramires, January 31, 2007. Click to read.
- Legacy of Torture: The Video by Freedom Archives, January 2007. Click for more info and to download video or audio or order.
- "TransAfrica forum on torture in U.S. jails and Abu Ghraib" December 8, 2005. Click for 3-page PDF.
E-mail: freethesf8 [at] gmail [dot] com